Some of the best recipes of the Christmas season are those that double as gifts, like this homemade cranberry infused vodka.
1 cup FRESH cranberries
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1 large strip of orange peel
2 cups QUALITY vodka (Absolut is best)
- Place the cranberries, sugar and pineapple juice in a medium saucepan over medium high heat until the sugar is dissolved, the cranberries pop and the pineapple juice is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer the mixture into a large mason jar.
- Place the orange peel in the mason jar, and pour the vodka over top.
- Screw the lid on tightly and set the jar on a counter at room temperature for at least 3 days, and up to a month.
- Shake once a day.
- Strain into a decorative bottle, tie with festive ribbon and gift with a cocktail recipe in which to use it.