While this recipe is my traditional “COOKIES & CREAM” recipe, you can make any flavor you want – just change out the sandwich cookie flavors.
I have these awesome Sweet Lime Hatch Chile cookies that I’ve only ever found in Texas at HEB. A friend sent me several boxes this year as a wonderful gift so I decided to make this wonderful no bake cheesecake with some of them.
SWEET LIME & HATCH CHILE CHEESECAKE serves 6-8
36 chocolate sandwich cookies
5 tablespoons butter, melted
3 cups cream cheese, softened
⅓ cup sugar
1 tablespoon PURE vanilla extract
1 cup milk, warm
1 tablespoon gelatin
- Separate the cream from the cookies into 2 different bowls.
- Place the cookies into a plastic bag and crush them into fine crumbs with a rolling pin. Set aside ½ cup of the crumbs for later.
- Pour the cookie crumbs into a bowl and combine with the melted butter, mixing until the texture is like slightly wet sand.
- Press the cookie crumbs in an even layer into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan. Set aside.
- In a medium pot over low heat, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, the cream from the cookies, and vanilla extract, stirring until there are no lumps.
- In a measuring cup, mix the milk with the gelatin until dissolved.
- Pour the milk into the cream cheese mixture, whisking constantly until the mixture starts to bubble slightly. Remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture over the cookie crust in the springform pan. Using a spatula or a spoon, smooth the top.
- Sift the saved cookie crumbs on top of the cheesecake in an even layer, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Unclasp the ring of the spring form pan, slice, then serve!
[…] SWEET LIME HATCH CHILE CHEESECAKE […]