SALTED CARAMEL PRETZEL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES yields 3 dozen cookies
Adapted from Like Mother Like Daughter
Sweet and salty, loaded with gooey caramel, chocolate chips and pretzels to make THE PERFECT cookie!
1 cup UNSALTED butter, COLD
1 cup PACKED dark brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 LARGE eggs
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups chopped pretzels
1/2 bag Kraft caramel balls (2 balls per cookie)
1 tablespoon flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment or silpat.
- Cut your butter into slices.
- Add butter slices to a large mixing bowl with paddle attachment, beating until it starts to smooth and get creamy.
- Add in sugars and beat for 1-2 minutes more until smooth and well combined.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract beating JUST until incorporated. Sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture, beating on low speed until the wet and dry ingredients are combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips and pretzel pieces into the dough.
- Scoop dough by the tablespoon.
- Press the dough flat and place 2 caramel balls in the middle.
- Roll the cookie dough around the caramel.
- Bake 8-12 minutes, or until the cookie top and bottom are golden.
- Sprinkle the tops of the cookies immediately with coarse sea salt.
- Allow the cookies to rest on the pan for about 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container, or ziplock bag for 3 to 4 days.
NOTES: Add 1 tablespoon at a time more of flour if dough is too wet and sticky.