CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 medium bananas, mashed (1 1/3 cups)
1/3 cup avocado oil
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla extract
1 LARGE egg
1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease or line muffin tin with papers.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a LARGE bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the mashed bananas, oil, vanilla and egg until well blended.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients JUST until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffins 3/4 full.
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon QUALITY cinnamon
1/4 cup COLD butter, cubed
- Whisk together the sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter pieces until crumbly.
- Top filled muffins with streusel.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and centers are cooked.
- Cool 5-10 minutes on wire rack.
- Best served warm.