SWEDISH GREEN POTATOES
3 pounds russet potatoes
1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained WELL
3/4 cup evaporated milk (12 ounce can)
1 teaspoon sugar
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped chives
1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wash, peel and boil potatoes 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Microwave spinach 2 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, rustic mash and then add butter and seasonings, mixing until fluffy.
- Fold in spinach and chives.
- Spread mixture into baking dish,
- Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with grated cheese during last 5 minutes and serve.