DRUNKEN EAGLES aka PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP RAISIN COOKIES
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 LARGE eggs
1 cup JIF or SKIPPY creamy peanut butter
6 teaspoons PURE vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups QUALITY semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup spiced rum
1 cup golden raisins
Up to 48 hours before you plan to make the cookies pour rum over raisins, cover and let raisins absorb the rum.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drain any remaining rum off raisins.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars until smooth.
- Add eggs, peanut butter and vanilla, mixing again until smooth.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in old fashioned oats and chocolate chips until well blended.
- Fold in raisins.
- Using a large scoop arrange cookies on cookie sheets. (Cookies will not flatten very much.)
- Bake 11-15 minutes until edges are golden.
- Allow cookies to rest 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack for 10-15 minutes.
NOTE: I make a gluten-free version substituting almond flour 1:1 and gluten-free oats 1:1 that is actually tastier to me 😀