SOUTHWEST CHICKEN SALAD
1/3-1/2 cup FINELY chopped red onion
1/4 cup drained chopped green chiles
1/4 cup coleslaw dressing (bottled or homemade – you choose)
Juice of 1 lime
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can Green Giant Mexicorn niblets, drained WELL
3 cups chopped greens (I like a mixture of iceberg and romaine)
2 small red and/or orange mini peppers, chopped
1 cup drained and rinsed black beans
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup French’s crispy onions
- Whisk together the coleslaw dressing and lime juice.
- Fold in the red onion and green chiles, shake well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Grill chicken until cooked through. Let rest 5 minutes and then slice into desired size pieces.
- Wash and drain lettuce.
- In a large bowl toss together the lettuce greens, peppers, black beans, corn and cheese.
- Arrange chicken pieces on top.
- Drizzle with dressing and top with crispy onions.