BRUSSELS SPROUT SALAD with BACON VINAIGRETTE
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons Bragg’s liquid aminos
1 teaspoon sugar
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 shallot, halved and sliced thin
8 slices bacon, diced
1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, roots trimmed, halved and sliced thin
2 cups shredded red cabbage
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Whisk together vinegars, liquid aminos, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add shallot slices and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Microwave for 1 minute until steaming.
- Stir making sure shallot are submerged.
- Recover and let cool 15 minutes.
- While vinegar mixture is cooling cook bacon until rendered and crisp.
- Remove from heat and whisk in shallot mixture, stirring well.
- Add Brussels sprouts, red cabbage and green onions, tossing and cooking 2 minutes until well coated.
- Transfer to a large salad bowl and sprinkle with cheese and almonds, gently tossing again.
- Season to taste with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.