Snapper wrappers are a recipe I made several years back (2014) and vowed to turn into a casserole. Well, I’ve finally done it 😀
SNAPPER WRAPPER CASSEROLE Serves 4-6
1 pound lump crab meat, drained or KRAB from the meat department works great too
4 skinned red snapper fillets or any white fish of your choice
3-4 FINELY chopped green onions
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
2 cloves garlic, FINELY minced
2 LARGE lemons, 1 juiced, 1 sliced into wedges for serving
1 tablespoon white wine
1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Pick crab meat, removing any bits of shell or FINELY chop the KRAB.
- Whisk together the melted butter, lemon juice, wine, garlic and red pepper in shallow dish.
- Generously season the fish fillets with the FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Combine the Crab with the green onions.
- Dredge the fish fillets in the butter mixture
- Arrange one-third of the fish fillets in the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish.
- Top with about 1/3 cup crab meat.
- Repeat layers.
- Drizzle remaining dredge liquid over top layer.
- Bake uncovered for 16-18 minutes or fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Spoon any pan drippings over top before serving.
- Serve with lemon wedges.