ROSEMARY THYME BUTTER SAUCE CHICKEN
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders equivalent
1 + 1 + 1 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon FRESH minced rosemary
1 tablespoon FRESH thyme leaves
3/4 cup diced sweet onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup SMALL diced carrots
1 cup SMALL diced YUKON potatoes (turnips make a great substitution)
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Sear chicken 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Transfer to plate and keep warm.
- Add another tablespoon of butter to pan.
- When melted add in onions, carrots and potatoes.
- Season with FRESH ground salt and pepper, stirring and cooking 5-7 minutes until softened.
- Add wine to the skillet, scraping bottom to loosen the seared bits.
- Add cream and bring to SLOW, LOW boil.
- Reduce heat and cook until sauce slightly thickens.
- Add in rosemary and stir to coat.
- Add in remaining better, stirring until smooth.