BAKED TOMATOES with PARMESAN BROCCOLI STUFFING Serves 4
4 LARGE tomatoes
2 cups minced broccoli florets
¼ cup FINELY shredded mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons FINELY minced onion
2 tablespoons chopped FRESH basil
Juice from 1 LARGE lemon
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut tomatoes in half crosswise.
- Using a spoon, scoop out pulp.
- Chop tomato pulp, place in medium bowl and add broccoli, cheeses, garlic, onion, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Arrange tomato halves, cut sides up, on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt then evenly fill with stuffing mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes or until tomatoes are tender and heated through.
NOTES & HINTS:
- Tomatoes can be assembled a day ahead, covered and stored on a baking sheet in refrigerator.
- A grapefruit spoon with serrated edges works well for cleaning out the tomatoes from their pulp.