CREAM OF CARROT FENNEL SOUP
1 pound of FRESH carrots, chopped
3/4 cup chopped fennel bulb
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup water
1 teaspoon FRESH ground Pink Himalayan salt
1 teaspoon FRESH ground tri-color peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
3 tablespoons butter
1 large shallot, finely chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons Wondra
1 1/2 cups whole milk
2 tablespoons Cream of Sherry
1/2 cup heavy cream
Fennel fronds for garnish
- Bring water and chicken broth to a boil in a steamer.
- Add carrots and fennel to steamer basket. Steam7-8 minutes or until tender.
- Remove carrots and fennel to cool slightly. Save broth, adding enough water to measure 2 cups. Set aside.
- Add the carrots and fennel to food processor with 1 cup of the steaming broth. Blend until smooth.
- Melt butter in large sauce pan.
- Add shallot, sauteing until soft.
- Add the garlic, sauteing until fragrant.
- Sprinkle in flour, stirring to blend until golden.
- Slowly whisk in the whole milk, heavy cream, cream of sherry and remaining 1 cup of broth.
- Stir in thyme and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens.
- Stir in carrot puree.
- Season to taste.
- Top with chopped fennel fronds.
CREAM OF TOMATO CHICKEN with RICE
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups tomato puree
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 Large shallot, finally chopped
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped basil
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 cups rotisserie chicken pieces
1/2 cup long grain rice
Bacon Crumbles (optional)
Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring broth and shallot to a SLOW boil.
- Add tomato puree, brown sugar, rice, celery salt, garlic powder and basil.
- Simmer 25 minutes until rice is tender.
- Stir in buttermilk and chicken pieces until well blended.
- Season to taste and simmer 10 minutes more.
- Serve in a toasted bread bowl or with toasted croutons.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and crumbled bacon if desired.
HEARTY BEEF SOUP
1 pound chuck roast, cut into bite sized pieces
3 tablespoons Wondra flour
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend (see below)
1/2 teaspoon FRESH ground black pepper
FRESH ground sea salt, to taste
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large shallot, halved, sliced and chopped
1 large celery stalk, chopped
1 carrots, chopped
2 cups beef stock
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup pasta
- Heat butter and avocado oil in a skillet over a medium high heat.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning in a ziploc bag.
- Dredge beef pieces in flour mixture, shaking off the excess before adding to the hot oil. Sear beef on all sides.
- Using a slotted spoon add beef to dutch oven.
- Add celery, carrots and shallots to skillet and quickly saute before adding to the dutch oven.
- Add beef stock, Worcestershire sauce and wine, stirring to combine.
- Simmer on low 2 hours.
- Season to taste with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Add pasta and simmer 1 hour more.
ITALIAN SEASONING BLEND
1 1/2 tablespoons dried rosemary
3 tablespoons dried oregano
3 tablespoons dried basil
1 1/2 tablespoon dried marjoram
1 teaspoon dried sage
- Blend together and store in an air tight bottle.