These pineapple spears are coated in a buttery brown sugar apple cinnamon glaze that caramelizes on the grill! It also pairs perfectly with a citrus carne asada!
CARAMELIZED GRILLED PINEAPPLE Serves: 4-6
Adapted from the Recipe Critic, Alyssa
One large ripe pineapple cut into spears
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- In a shallow baking dish lay the pineapple spears in a single layer pan.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Whisk together the butter, brown sugar and apple pie spice. It needs to be thin enough to easily pour over the pineapple – microwave a few seconds if necessary.
- Pour over top of the pineapple spears.
- Grill for about 7-10 minutes or until it is starting to turn golden brown and has gorgeous grill marks.
- Brush with excess sauce from the dish before serving.
According to Wikipedia Carne asada is a roasted beef dish, literally meaning “roasted meat”. The dish mainly consists of pieces or thin cuts of beef (e.g. flank steak, skirt steak), sometimes marinated, sometimes lightly salted or rubbed with salt, pepper and/or spices, and then grilled. It can be eaten alone, with side dishes, chopped and eaten as tacos, or chopped and used as filler for tortas, burritos, etc. It is commonly accompanied with guacamole, salsa, beans, and grilled scallions and tortillas.
2-3 pounds flank or skirt steak, sliced THIN
1 medium Vidalia onion, sliced thin
2 lemons, 1 sliced thin, 1 wedged for squeezing
1 lime, sliced thin
1 orange, sliced thin
1/3 cup champagne vinegar
2 teaspoons minced garlic, jar
1 teaspoon FRESH ground sea salt
1 teaspoon FRESH ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- Soak the meat in the vinegar for an hour or so.
- Remove meat from vinegar and dry on paper towels.
- Sift together all the seasonings and rub into the meat on both sides.
- Layer the meat into a container alternating with the slices of lemon, limes, oranges and onions squeezing lemon juice on each layer as you go.
- Let marinate for overnight or a day or so.
- Grill on a VERY hot grill to desired doneness, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve with warm tortillas, Fresh Guacamole and Fresh Garden Salsa.
Bliss on a plate! Thanks a bunch for sharing at Fiesta Friday party! I hope to see you next week.
Sounds fantastic!! Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party. Hope your week is amazing.
[…] I LOVE to serve these with CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE! […]