It’s fun to see what we all have in common. I’m anxious to hear from my secret sister.
These are my answers:
1.Favorite color: Purple, blue
2. Chocolate Lover? Absolutely!! Milk, Dark, White, or none of the above? Milk chocolate of course, I’m a simple girl!!!!
3. What is your favorite craft hobby? That’s tough. I love to quilt most probably, but I also love scrap booking type crafts almost as much.
4. What is a craft/art hobby that you would like to start? Stained Glass has ALWAYS intrigued me and I’d love to learn. I’d also love to learn to knit.
5. What craft do you NOT have an interest in or just not great in? Good question????? Can’t think of anything specific.
6. Do you have any allergies? Mustard believe it or not
7.What’s your favorite part of Halloween? Definitely decorating and of course a little chocolate always makes the decorating easier. I love waiting for the kids and seeing their creative costumes.
8. Do you decorate for Thanksgiving/Fall? Yep, I’ve already gotten out my pinwheel fall leaves and triple stacked pumpkins.
Took these 2 days ago near Tobin mine.
The colors are beginning to be absolutely beautiful here and different every day.
9. December holidays~What holiday do you celebrate. Christmas. What type of decorations do you like to put up in your house for that? lights, garland with bulbs, an air-filled NOEL and my sagebrush light-up snowman.
10. Do you have any children, if so what are their ages, boys/girls? 3 stepsons, all grown (my husband is quite a bit older)
11. Do you have any pets, if so what kind? 2 dogs~black lab SGT Tank Gunner who we affectionately call Scooby, golden retriever, Sweet Whiskey Sour and 2 cats~gray sable, Sady and tiger cat, Dickens.
12. Are you a reader? Yes! If so, what type of books do you like? I read Lisa Wingate, Susan Wiggs and Debbie Macomber most recently, but I love a good love story, especially when it’s snowing out.
13. Are you celebrating a birthday or anniversary in October, November, or December? No, but we still do a little something for each other on the 18th of each month to keep things fun.
14. Do you collect anything? Yes. If so what type of things do you collect? Polish Pottery, I love the unique one of kind each piece is.
15. What type of things do you like to cook? Definitely everything!! Don’t do much take out though, love to experiment with desserts and cookies. I’ve written 2 cookbooks for family reunions that have been pretty interesting. I plan the menu a month or 2 in advance and every month we try a few new recipes, but we’re on a tight budget so I try to group the meals to use the best resources. If Tuesday night’s dinner calls for a half a box of mushrooms, it’s a safe bet that Monday’s or Wednesday’s calls for the other half.
16. What is your favorite scent? Cinnamon, apples, coffee…normal, natural scents. Is there one that you can’t stand? I’m not fond of Eucalyptus or Gardenia.
17. What’s your favorite song? My One and Only Love by Louis Armstrong. It’s hard to find on any album, but it’s the song we danced to at our wedding.
18. What’s the last movie you went to see at the movie theater? It’s been so long I can’t remember. We prefer to wait until they’re available on Direct PPV ~ that way we can make popcorn and put it on hold if necessary.
19. What’s your favorite Candy? Godiva Truffles, needless to say they’re a real $$ treat, so I usually pretend that See’s
20. Tea or Coffee or other? Both or a good cappuccino when it snows.
These are Jenn’s answers:
1. Favorite Color: green
2. Chocolate Lover? Milk chocolate
3. What is your favorite craft hobby? scrapbooking
4. What is a craft/art hobby that you would like to start? Quilting!
5. What craft do you NOT have an interest in or just not great in ( so your partner doesn’t send something you wouldn’t use)? knitting, crocheting, macrame, cross-stitch
6. Do you have any allergies? nope
7.What’s your favorite part of Halloween? Don’t do halloween, but we like to use natural items like cornucopia, pumpkins, wheat, candy of course….LOL
8. Do you decorate for Thanksgiving/Fall? yes with natural type stuff, handmade things or vintage stuff, handmade goodies like garlands
9. December Holidays–what holiday do you celebrate? What type of decorations do you like to put up in your house for that holiday? I like to decorate with snowmen, snowflake deco, candles, pointsetta, evergreen garland, berries, handmade treasures, retro stuff–no santas, angels or elves or raindeer though. Basically I decorate with “winter” not “Christmas”.
10. Do you have any children, if so what are their ages, boys/girls? Autumn-15, Felicia-12, Michael-8, Ryan-6, Danny-4, Aiden-2
11. Do you have any pets, if so what kind? 2 tiger cats
12. Are you a reader? If so, what type of books do you like? yes, decorating/homemaking, pioneer type, vintage home ec books! I have also enjoyed many of Oprah’s book club books~
13. Are you celebrating a birthday or anniversary in October, November, or De
cember? If so, what day and what is the occasion? My bday is Dec. 16th
My soon to be 3 y.o. son’s bday is Oct 8th
My daughter will be 13 on Nov 5th
14. Do you collect anything? If so what type of things do you collect? pioneer items, vintage kitchen items, milk glass
15. What type of things do you like to cook? Are you an appetizer person, cookie maker, dessert freak or a take out type of person?? love appetizers, they are hard to screw up…LOL Speaking of, check out my post below…Yummy stuff there!
16. What is your favorite scent? Is there one that you can’t stand? vanilla is my fave, also cinnamon-apple, pumpkin,
oatmeal milk and honey combo, anything natural smelling I guess…I don’t like a ton of scents.
17. What’s your favorite song? not sure…they change all the time…LOL
I love music with Christian lyrics, but also I like a lot of Amer. Top 40
18. What’s the last movie you went to see at the movie theater? Spiderman 3 was the last time we went out for a “grown up” selection….ha!
19. What’s your favorite Candy? sugar free chocolate
20. Tea or Coffee or other? chai or flavored coffee