A few years ago I saw an article on Chinese Tea eggs. They were so beautiful and intrigued me enough that I wanted to make some. Well I never quite got around to it, but then hubby asked for some deviled eggs and my brain went into overdrive. I decided to create the same affect with pickled beets.
PICKLED DEVILED EGGS
1 dozen eggs, hard boiled
1 jar pickled beets
1/8 + cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
Sweet Hungarian paprika
- Boil eggs as normal. Rinse under cool water.
- Drain beets, retaining juice.
- Gently crack eggs all over.
- In a medium skillet heat water and beet juice together.
- Add eggs and simmer 20 minutes, gently rolling eggs periodically.
- Remove from heat.
- Remove eggs from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Remove shells.
- Slice open eggs and scoop out yolks.
- Mash yolks with salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise, vinegar and horseradish and blend well.
- Fill eggs.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
I save the pickled beets to use with 1000 Island dressing on my Crab salad.
[…] BEET PICKLED DEVILED EGGS […]
This not only sounds good, they look pretty too! Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party. I hope to see you again at tomorrow’s party.
I can’t wait to try your delicious Beet Pickled Deviled Eggs! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week and come back soon!
What an interesting look and I bet it tastes amazing. I love the horseradish in the egg salad idea. Thanks