BLUEBERRY COFFEE CAKE
1 cup all purpose flour + 1 tablespoon
1 tablespoon for dusting
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup Stevia in the raw
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla
1 cup whole milk
3/4 cup frozen small wild blueberries DO NOT THAW
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour dust 13×9 baking dish. Set aside.
- Sift together 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a larger mixing bowl cream the butter with an electric mixer.
- Add Stevia and brown sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time beating JUST until blended in.
- Reduce mixer speed. Add flour mixture and milk alternately until well blended.
- GENTLY toss blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour.
- Fold blueberries GENTLY into batter.
- GENTLY spread batter into prepared baking dish.
2/3 cup frozen small wild blueberries DO NOT THAW
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Whisk together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Toss blueberries in the sugar mixture.
- Scatter blueberries and sugar evenly on top of batter.
- Bake cake 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan 10-15 minutes before cutting.
NOTE: You can use FRESH berries. But, if using FROZEN berries DO NOT THAW!! Thawing the berries makes them too watery and will turn your batter blue.
I am going to try this recipe it looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
I hope you enjoy it!
Looks like a great accompaniment to that cuppa Java. Thank you for sharing with the Fiesta.
I want a slice with my cup of coffee! Yum! Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday party!
Congratulations! Your post was my feature pick at #OverTheMoon this week. Each Hostess displays their own features so be sure to visit me on Sunday evening and to see your feature! I invite you to leave more links to be shared and commented upon. Please don’t forget to add your link numbers or post title so we can be sure to visit!
This sounds delicious and I love blueberries! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJs!
Thank you for sharing at #OverTheMoon. Pinned and shared.
[…] BLUEBERRY COFFEE CAKE […]