Need a great recipe to take to the SUPER BOWL party? Love buffalo wings? If you do, you’ll love these! Wings have been ANY sports favorite for as long as I can remember. I’ve made pounds and pounds of chicken wings and even made Buffalo Chicken Dip many a time, but was ecstatic when I ran across a recipe for the same flavors in a wrap cut into pinwheels by Brandie over at HOME COOKING MEMORIES. This is the perfect and delicious party food with all the flavors of buffalo wings plus the blue cheese, but without sticky fingers. Personally, I don’t care for Bleu cheese so I substitute Gorgonzola. I also use rotisserie chicken which adds a a little extra flavor and I decreased the hot size just slightly.
BUFFALO CHICKEN PINWHEELS
8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1/3 cup Frank’s original hot sauce
1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
1 cup Colby-Jack cheese, shredded
1/4 cup green onions, finely minced
1 pound FINELY CHOPPED rotisserie chicken pieces
5 large 10 inch flour tortillas
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese on low.
- Add in hot sauce, Gorgonzola and Colby-Jack cheeses.
- Add green onions, mixing until blended.
- Fold in shredded chicken into mixture by hand.
- Spread approximately 3/4 cup of mixture on top of one of the tortillas. Roll up tortilla TIGHTLY.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Place rolled tortillas on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and unwrap.
- Slice each rolled tortillas in half and then each half into 3 slices, discarding ends.
- Place pinwheel slices on serving plate or tray.
- IF using different sized tortillas, adjust amount of buffalo chicken mixture you add to each tortilla.
- BEST results happen after chilling the rolled tortillas before slicing,
Your Buffalo Chicken has made a delicious pinwheel, a great appetizer! Hope you are having a fantastic week and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday!
Sounds delicious…Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ’s!
[…] Buffalo Chicken. I love buffalo chicken! And Chasing my Life Wherever it Leads Me shared this amazing Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels! […]
Wow, this certainly looks good! Got you from the Creative Muster Party. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
I love buffalo anything – the flavor just snaps! This look delicious and easy. Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party!