This recipe is so SIMPLE, but leaves you with the satisfied feeling of having had a fine gourmet meal. The pork chops turn out fork tender and the sauce blends to make its own gravy! There is the added bonus of changing up the flavors by just changing the soup flavor 😀
BUTTERMILK PORK CHOPS ala SLOW COOKER
6 LARGE boneless pork loin chops
1/4 cup WONDRA
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 pound mushrooms, thickly sliced
1 small bunch green onions, sliced
1/3 cup favorite white wine
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 can cream of ???? soup (today I use broccoli cheese to compliment the veggie of choice)
1 cup buttermilk
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Generously season pork chops with FRESH ground salt and pepper.
- Dredge pork chops in flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Sear pork chops and transfer to slow cooker in a single layer if possible.
- Add butter to skillet and when frothy add onions. Saute a minute or so.
- Add mushrooms, sauteing and stirring 5 minutes or so until tender.
- Add wine and loosen bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add chicken broth, stirring to blend.
- Pour mushroom mixture over pork chops. Cover and set to low 3-4 hours.
- Whisk together soup and buttermilk until smooth.
- Pour over pork chops. Cover and cook another 30 minutes.
- Remove pork chops to a platter.
- Stir soup into mushrooms and onions to create a uniform sauce.
- Season to taste.
- Serve over egg noodles.