BRAISED GREEN BEANS & POTATOES serves 6
1 teaspoon avocado oil
2 strips bacon, chopped
2 shallots, halved and sliced thin
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 cups chicken stock
FRESHLY ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 1/2 pounds small red and/or white potatoes, with a strip peeled around the centers
1 pound green beans trimmed and sectioned
- Cook bacon over medium high heat until crispy.
- Remove bacon from grease with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper toweling.
- Add avocado oil to bacon grease.
- Add shallots, stirring occasionally until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and red pepper, stirring frequently 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, salt and potatoes. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes or JUST until potatoes are tender enough to be fork pierced, but still firm.
- Add green beans, cover and simmer 6-7 minutes until tender.
- Remove potatoes and green beans with a slotted spoon to a serving dish.
- Bring liquid to a boil and reduce to 1 cup.
- Spoon over vegetables and gently fold to mix.
- Sprinkle with bacon and serve.
Leave a reply