BALSAMIC BROWN SUGAR BRISKET
4-5 pound beef brisket
3 tablespoons avocado oil
3 red onions, halved and thinly sliced (4-6 cups)
1 whole bulb garlic, cleaned and minced
2 bay leaves
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1/3 cup QUALITY balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Generously season brisket with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a dutch oven.
- Add brisket and sear each side until browned, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove brisket and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pan.
- Add onions, garlic and bay leaves. Cook stirring often, 5-10 minutes, until fragrant and onions have softened.
- In a bowl whisk together the beef broth, vinegars, brown sugar, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Transfer the onion mixture to a roasting pan.
- Top with brisket.
- Pour broth mixture over brisket.
- Cover and cook 2 hours.
- Flip meat over, recover tightly and cook another 2-2 1/2 hours until fork tender.
- Transfer meat to cutting board and loosely cover with foil, resting 10 minutes.
- Slice meat against the grain and put on platter.
- Using a slotted spoon arrange the onions around the brisket, discarding the bay leaves.
- Skim fat from pan juices and discard. Pour juices over the onions and brisket.
Congratulations! Your delicious Balsamic Brown Sugar Brisket will be featured on Full Plate Thursday,474. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us and sure hope you are having a great week!
That is an absolutely beautiful brisket. Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party! Have a wonderful week!
Thank you! It was delicious too! 🙂 I hope you have a GREAT week too!
Is a bulb of garlic the whole head of garlic or one clove?
YEP, the whole bulb. Thanks for asking and I updated the recipe to clarify 😀