CHIPOTLE ORANGE CHICKEN serves 4-6
1 chicken cut into pieces or 6-8 pieces of your favorite cut
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons Chipotle pepper
1 tablespoon FRESH chopped cilantro
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl toss chicken pieces with salt, pepper and cumin. Reserve remaining seasonings.
- In a small bowl whisk together the grated zest and the juice from the oranges with the tomato paste, vinegar, sugar, chipotle pepper and the reserved seasonings from your dredge.
- Pour tomato mixture over chicken and toss to coat.
- Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer on the baking dish.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Brush with remaining sauce every 15 minutes.
- Transfer to platter and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.