GRILLED BBQ BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN WINGS
3 dozen chicken drumettes
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
36 slices bacon, cut down to 3/4 strips – save 1/4 ends for another dish or salad
1/2 cup favorite BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Chipotle)
3 tablespoons pineapple juice
Lime wedges for serving.
- Soak toothpicks in pineapple juice for 20 minutes.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat.
- Pat chicken dry.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each piece with a bacon slice and secure with a soaked toothpick.
- Oil grill grates.
- Grill drumettes over direct heat 4-6 minutes until bacon is lightly browned. Turn frequently so as to brown evenly.
- Move chicken to cold side of grill, cover and cook 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Baste several times during last 5 minutes.
- Serve with lime edges.