These decadent bars are so scrumptious! With a wonderful buttery shortbread crust bottom and silky smooth ganache icing on top, the caramel and brownie sandwiched in between finish it off perfectly.
GOLDEN GATE BARS – makes 12 bars
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Stir together butter, flour, and powdered sugar until well blended.
- Press into prepared pan.
- Bake crust 5 minutes.
- Place unopened caramel pouch in cup of hot water for 5 minutes to soften caramel.
- Gently spread entire contents of caramel pouch evenly over baked crust.
1 package Ghirardelli Salted Caramel Brownie Mix
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Lightly grease 9 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Place water, oil and egg in medium bowl and whisk until blended well.
- Add brownie mix and stir until well blended.
- Spread batter evenly over caramel layer.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Cool brownies completely before topping with ganache.
3/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
sea salt, optional
- In microwave-safe bowl, microwave cream on high power just until boiling.
- Add chocolate and stir until chips are completely melted.
- Pour warm ganache over cooled brownies and let set before cutting.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of sea salt, if desired.
[…] GOLDEN GATE BARS […]