This sauce is GREAT on pork as well as chicken. In fact, it’s so flavorful that it’s GREAT on pasta as just a vegetarian dish.
PORK LOIN CHOPS in HERBED WINE SAUCE
4 boneless pork loin chops
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon garlic oil (olive oil or avocado oil work great too)
1 + 1 tablespoon butter
1 shallot, sliced thin
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small red mini pepper, diced
1 small yellow mini pepper, diced
1 tablespoon Garden Gourmet Italian Herbs
1/4 cup pink Moscato or white wine
2 tablespoons QUALITY honey
3/4 cup LITEHOUSE Spiced Fig vinaigrette **(SEE NOTE)
- Pound pork loin chops to 1/2 inch or less.
- Generously season chops with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to cast iron pan.
- Add cast iron pan to oven.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter and oil in another skillet over medium heat.
- Add pork chops and sear 3 minutes on each side. After second side, add chops to pan in oven.
- Add the shallots to the stove top pan, stirring a moment or two until translucent.
- Add garlic, peppers and Italian herbs to pan, stirring to combine and cooking a couple minutes until peppers soften.
- Add Moscato, sauteing until almost evaporated.
- Add Spiced Fig vinaigrette and honey, sauteing 3-4 minutes until sauce is blended and thickens.
- Remove pork loin chops from the oven and plate.
- Serve over pork loin and pasta or mashed potatoes.
NOTE: ANY flavor could be substituted here and work well. It really is up to you and your flavor palette. If I’m out of vinaigrette I have used plain chicken broth and it still tastes GREAT.
Leave a reply