ROAST CHICKEN with BLACK BEAN SALSA
2 1/2 pounds chicken thighs or chicken-leg quarters
1/2 cup sea salt
3 tablespoons sugar
5 cups cold water
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon FRESH minced thyme
3 cloves garlic, minced
FRESH ground sea salt and tri-color pepper
- Combine 1/2 cup salt, sugar and water in large bowl, stirring to dissolve the sugar and salt.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large casserole and cover with brine mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a roasting pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken pieces onto roasting pan in a single layer.
- Whisk the melted butter, salt and pepper to combine.
- Brush chicken with butter mixture.
- Roast chicken for 25-30 minutes.
- Brush again with butter mixture.
- Increase oven temperature to 500°.
- Roast another 10 minutes to crisp and brown chicken.
- Serve with Black bean salsa.
1 tablespoon FRESH minced parsley
1 can white niblet corn drained
1 can rotel tomatoes, mostly drained
1 can seasoned black beans, drained and rinsed
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
Juice of 1 LARGE lime
- Toss together and chill.
[…] ROASTED CHICKEN with BLACK BEAN SALSA […]