ANTIPASTO PASTA SALAD
8 ounces penne pasta (or available pasta during these trying times)
1/4 cup avocado oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard, *OPTIONAL
Juice and zest of LARGE lemon
1 teaspoon sugar
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1/2 pound salami or pepperoni, chopped
6-8 cups salad greens
14 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained WELL and quartered
1-2 cups 2 1/2 bean salad,drained WELL
3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, drained well and chopped
2 medium vine ripened tomatoes, large diced
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin or 1/2 SMALL red onion, sliced thin
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese balls, halved
1/2 cup FRESH grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup sliced olives, OPTIONAL
- Prepare pasta per package directions, drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- Whisk together oil, mustard (if using), vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add pepperoni, artichoke hearts, olives (if using), onions, bean salad and Mozzarella cheese, tossing well.
- Fold in salad greens and tomatoes.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
NOTE: I am deathly allergic to mustard so I make it an optional ingredient, but hubby says it makes the salad better. I also listed the olives as optional because I don’t care for them, but hubby once again says they help make the salad 😀
[…] ANTIPASTO PASTA SALAD […]