These are moist, cheesy, flavorful and most importantly light and fluffy muffins that complement any chili, soup or stew!
CHEDDAR MUFFINS yields 18 regular sized muffins
3 strips bacon, chopped and cooked crisped
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 LARGE egg, room temperature
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup avocado oil
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 small bunch green onions, halved and sliced
2 sweet mini red peppers, FINELY chopped
2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil, DRAINED well
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk and oil. Add in minced garlic.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture JUST until moistened.
- Fold in cheddar cheese, onions, peppers, tomatoes and bacon pieces.
- Fill greased or papered muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tins.
- Serve warm with FRESH butter.
P.S. I tried to pin it, but the pin button doesn’t seem to be working.
hmmm I’ll look into that tonight.
These look wonderful! I’ll give them a try. Thanks for sharing with us. I’ll be featuring this today at the TFT blog hop. 🙂
Thank you so much! I’ll make my way to the party tonight. 😀
This is a nice idea for work lunch! Thanks a bunch for sharing at Fiesta Friday party! I hope to see you next week.
Thank you, I’ll be there.