GRILLED CHICKEN with PEACHES & GREEN TOMATOES
1/2 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon minced FRESH ginger
4-6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
2 tablespoons avocado oil
2-3 green tomatoes, cut into wedges
2-3 FRESH peaches, cut into wedges
1/2 red onion, sliced thin
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped flat leaf parsley
Juice of 1 LARGE lemon
1 tablespoon QUALITY honey
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
- Combine liquid aminos, brown sugar, ginger and garlic in a large Ziploc bag.
- Add chicken, seal bag and turn to coat chicken.
- Refrigerate AT LEAST 2 hours. All day or overnight is best. Turn bag frequently.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a LARGE cast iron skillet heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat.
- Add tomatoes and peaches to cook, turning once, until lightly browned.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, salt, honey and 1 tablespoon of avocado oil.
- Fold in parsley.
- Pour over tomatoes and peaches, gently turning to coat.
- Add last 1/2 tablespoon of oil to skillet over medium heat.
- Drain chicken of marinade.
- Add to skillet skin side down, cooking 2-3 minutes until browned.
- Turn chicken and transfer to oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
- Plate chicken and top with peach tomato mixture.
NOTE: Grilling the chicken works well too.
Leave a reply