CHEESY “BURRITO” LASAGNA CASSEROLE
16 ounces mild salsa (see note)
1 pound ground beef
1 package Taco Bell Carne Asada seasoning
1 can Bush’s seasoned re-fried beans, drained and rinsed
1 can Green Giant white s
1 can shoepeg corn, drained
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (Jack and cheddar)
1 bunch green onions, chopped
10-8 inch flour tortillas or 1 box of Barilla oven ready lasagna noodles
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Combine salsa and pico de gallo in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef until crumbly. Drain of grease.
- Add seasoning mix and 1/4 cup of the salsa mixture stirring to combine.
- Stir in black beans, corn and green onions until well mixed.
- Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread 1/4 cup of salsa mixture on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cut rounded edges off the tortillas to square them up. You’ll be cutting them to fit as necessary.
- Arrange a layer of tortillas over the salsa.
- Spoon half of the meat mixture over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle a third of the cheese over the meat mixture.
- Repeat the layers ending with tortillas, a thin layer of the salsa mixture and most of the cheese, reserving 1/3 cup of cheese for the very end.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes more until browned.
- I use 8 ounces of a smooth salsa and 8 ounces of pico de gallo.
- Adding chopped red pepper amps up the flavor and color a bit.
- You can trade out the tortillas for an oven ready lasagna noodle and get the same flavor.