SWEET & SPICY ORANGE CHILE CHICKEN THIGHS
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoons avocado oil
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (see note)
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1/3 cup WONDRA flour
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup Bragg’s liquid aminos
1/4 cup cream sherry
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 large Vidalia onion, sliced thin
1 small crown of broccoli, cleaned and chopped
1 carrot, peeled and sliced diagonally
2 tablespoons chili paste
2 tablespoons minced ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 scallions, sliced thin
Prepared Yakisoba noodles
- Heat the butter and oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots and broccoli pieces, sauteing 7-8 minutes until softened. With a slotted spoon remove from pan and set aside as you prep chicken.
- Add remaining butter and oil to skillet.
- Generously sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- LIGHTLY dredge in WONDRA flour, shaking off the excess.
- Sear chicken until golden on ALL sides.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the chicken stock, soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar, hoisin sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add the onions, chili paste, ginger, garlic and scallions to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and deglaze the pan.
- Add noodles, stirring to combine.
- Return chicken and veggies to pan, simmering 4-5 minutes until heated through and sauce begins to thicken.
- Spoon sauce over and around the chicken and noodles.
This recipe originally called for bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, but I changed it out to make a more user friendly dish 😀