CHICKEN, CORN & BLACK BEAN SALAD with BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
CHICKEN, CORN & BLACK BEAN SALAD
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup FINELY sliced red onion or shallot
1/4 cup FRESH chopped cilantro
1 can seasoned black beans, drained and rinsed WELL
1 LARGE can fire roasted corn, drained WELL
1/2 cup sour cream
Juice of 1 LARGE lemon
2 1/2 cups chopped OR shredded rotisserie OR grilled chicken
1 cup shredded spicy Mexican blend cheese
4-6 cups salad greens of choice
FRESH chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
Lime wedges for garnish (optional)
1 batch balsamic vinaigrette (see below)
- Whisk together sour cream and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together the beans, corn, red onion, cilantro, tomatoes and vinaigrette.
- Toss together the chicken and sour cream mixture until well coated.
- Fold in cheese.
- Transfer bean mixture to platter.
- Top with chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with FRESH ground pepper, cilantro and FRESH lime wedges if desired.
GENEROUS 1/2 cup QUALITY balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup avocado oil
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon QUALITY honey
1 tablespoon QUALITY Dijon mustard
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- Add all ingredients to a lidded mason jar and shake WELL.
- Refrigerate until needed and shake WELL again before using.