Whether you are starting your morning or having a midnight snack these super moist muffins with a blueberry burst in every bite topped with a buttery, sweet, crunchy crumble are a hit. PLUS these are super easy and come together in just minutes! They’ll keep several days IF THEY LAST THAT LONG!
BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM BREAD & MUFFINS
2 LARGE eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup avocado oil
1 1/4 teaspoon PURE vanilla
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups FRESH small WILD blueberries** see notes
- Preheat the oven 400°.
- Line 12 muffin cups with muffin papers or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the sour cream, oil, and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- In a larger mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir JUST until combined. DO NOT OVERWORK THE BATTER! Overworked batter will not rise very well and will be tough.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Fill the muffin cups with about 1/4 cup of batter or 3/4 full.
1/4 cup salted butter
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon QUALITY cinnamon (I use Red Ape)
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Using a cheese grater grate the butter into the flour, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Using a pastry cutter work the butter into the flour mixtures until the mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons on the top of the muffin batter in each muffin cup.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
NOTES: FROZEN blueberries can be substituted and they do not need to be defrosted first. Defrosted will also work, but the juices will turn your muffins a little purple. Still tasty, just purple.