This recipe is tender, juicy, looks elegant and pairs wonderfully with any green vegetable. It is truly my intention to try AT LEAST 1 recipe a week from my RECIPE SCRAPS. My original version was a CREAMSICLE CHICKEN.
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE CHICKEN – PAN SEARED CHICKEN with a TANGY & CREAMY STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE SAUCE serves 4
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (see notes)
3 tablespoons brandy
1 1/4 cups pineapple juice (see notes)
4 green onions, minced
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
6 ounce CHOBANI raspberry lemonade yogurt (see notes)
FRESH ground salt and pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon water
scant tablespoon avocado oil
Strawberry and lemon slices for garnish
Jasmine rice, prepared per package
Vegetable of choice, prepared accordingly
- Heat avocado oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Generously season chicken pieces with FRESH ground salt and pepper.
- Saute’ chicken breasts 2-3 minutes per side until golden.
Remove chicken to plate, tent with foil and keep warm.
- De-glaze pan with brandy.
- Add the pineapple juice, garlic and green onions.
- Bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk together cornstarch with water.
- Whisk cornstarch mixture into yogurt.
- Whisk yogurt mixture into pan sauce and adjust seasoning.
- Simmer until thickened and cooked through.
- If you prefer 8 thighs substitute easily.
- I sometimes use a pineapple orange juice to alter the flavor a bit.
- CHOBANI yogurt flavors work beautifully. Raspberry lemonade is another favorite.