This recipe so SIMPLE, but also EXTREMELY refreshing and with all the textures really yummy too for any summer meal. PERFECT for any BBQ, PICNIC or POTLUCK! BALSAMIC MOZZARELLA WATERMELON SALAD serves 4-6
2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
2 cups marinated mozzarella pearls **(see notes)
3 LARGE green onions, sliced **(see notes)
1/2 cup FRESH chopped parsley or cilantro
1/2 cup FRESH broccoli micro greens
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1/4 cup QUALITY balsamic vinegar
2-3 cups baby greens
- Toss the watermelon, mozzarella balls, basil or parsley and onions together.
- Season to taste with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Pour vinegar all over the mixture and gently toss.
- Chill until ready to sever.
- Just before serving gently toss with the micro greens and lettuce if using.
- I like to quarter the mozzarella pearls so they make it into more salad bites.
- Red onion works well also.
- The baby greens are great for a crowd where you know you will have no leftovers, but if you want to save any for the next day, the greens get wilty. 😀