PAN SEARED CHICKEN with WALNUT CREAM SAUCE
4 boneless, skinless chicken steaks
2 slices bacon, diced
4 tablespoons WONDRA flour
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
2 green onions, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon FRESH chopped tarragon
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 carrot peeled and FINELY diced
2 stalks celery, halved and FINELY diced
1/3 cup walnuts, FINELY chopped
- Render bacon until JUST crisp.
- Remove bacon pieces with a slotted spoon.
- Add carrots and celery, sauteing a couple minutes until soft.
- Add green onions and garlic, sauteing a minute more.
- Remove veggies with slotted spoon and set aside with bacon.
- Add butter to pan to melt.
- Generously season chicken with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
- Add chicken to pan, searing 3-4 minutes each side until golden.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add whipping cream to pan and bring JUST to a boil, simmering until reduced to about 1 1/2 cups.
- Add in tarragon, walnuts and cooked veggies and saute a few minutes more until thickened.