1 10 inch flour tortilla burrito size
3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken pieces
1/3 cup FINELY chopped FRESH cilantro leaves
4 ounce can chopped green chiles, drained well
1/2 cup salsa
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
FRESH ground salt and pepper
2 LARGE eggs
1 cup WHOLE milk
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Grease 9-inch spring form pan.
- Press tortilla into prepared pie plate and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Toss chicken, salsa, cilantro, green chiles, 1 cup of the cheese, FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper in large bowl until combined.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, and FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper in bowl until smooth.
- Slowly pour egg mixture over chicken mixture and fold to combine.
- Spread filling evenly into tortilla.
- Bake until surface is golden brown, 25-30 minutes or until set when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese on top and bake for about 3-5 minutes more until cheese is melted.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- Serve with your favorite garnishes.
NOTES: The chicken can be easily traded out for browned ground beef or a pulled pork.