BISTRO TURKEY SAMMIES
2 tablespoons butter, divided
1 LARGE Granny Smith apple, sliced thin
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
1/4 cup homemade cranberry sauce
1 pound sliced turkey
4 ciabatta rolls, sliced in half OR FRESH baked sourdough, sliced thick
4-8 sliced thinly sliced baby Swiss cheese
leaf lettuce or arugula, optional
- Preheat broiler.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add apple, sugar and cinnamon sauteing 3-4 minutes until crisp tender. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining butter. When melted add onion and saute 3-4 minutes.
- Add apple slices to pan, stirring to mix apples and onions.
- Spread cranberry sauce on one side of roll or bread.
- Layer turkey, apple mixture and cheese.
- Add sandwiches to baking sheet open face with tops along side.
- Broil 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Add lettuce or arugula and close sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.