CHEESEBURGER in PARADISE SOUP
1 pound ground beef
1/2 small onion, FINELY chopped
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
2 cups homemade chicken broth
1 teaspoon BETTER THAN BEEF bouillon
2 1/2 cups WHOLE milk
3 large YUKON gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 tablespoons WONDRA flour
1 tablespoon butter, melted butter
8 ounces Velveeta, cubed
chopped pickles, garnish
crumbled bacon, garnish
grated cheddar, garnish
chopped tomato, garnish
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion over medium high heat until crumbly and cooked through. Season with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper as you go. Drain well of fat. Stir in 2 cups of the milk and set aside.
- Combine the chicken broth, bouillon and potatoes in a dutch oven. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat to a simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add beef mixture to the dutch oven, stirring to combine.
- Whisk flour into remaining milk and melted butter. Fold into soup gradually.
- Reduce heat and stir in cheese cubes until smooth, thickened and heated through.
- Garnish as desired and serve with rolls or buns.