NEW CLASSIC CAESAR SALAD
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 anchovy fillets, minced
1/2 Meyer lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup olive oil (I like to use a lemon olive oil)
large egg yolk, beaten
Fresh ground salt and pepper, to taste
Torn Romaine lettuce
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small food processor combine 7 ingredients until well blended. Garlic and anchovies should become one with the liquid ingredients.
- Fold olive oil mixture into beaten egg until well blended.
- Season to taste with fresh ground salt and pepper.
- Pour over torn lettuce and sliced green onions.
- Top with croutons and Parmesan cheese.
- Toss well and serve immediately.
NOTE: When I use chicken I use chicken tenders with salt and pepper browned in a little butter and then shredded into the salad.