CHILI LIME SALMON with PAN ROASTED STREET CORN serves 4
These flavors blend together so well to create a Cajun fajita mix with crispy roasted peppers that mix with the street corn spice edge to have a party in your mouth all while being completely healthy.
CHILI LIME SALMON
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (or juice of 2 limes)
1/4 cup fresh finely chopped parsley
2 tablespoons avocado oil
2 tablespoons water
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons red chili flakes (adjust to your preference of spice)
1 teaspoon ground Cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons FRESH ground sea salt
1 tablespoon QUALITY honey
4 salmon fillets of even sizes
1/2 pound mini sweet peppers, de-seeded and cut into rings
1 small Vidalia onion, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Arrange oven shelf about 6 inches below broiler.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick spray; set aside. Whisk together the lime juice, minced parsley, avocado oil, water, garlic, chilli flakes, cumin and salt until well blended.
- Add the honey and whisk again until the honey is well blended with the rest of the ingredients.
- Toss peppers and onions with half of the honey mixture.
- Arrange the salmon fillets on baking sheet.
- With a slotted spoon remove peppers and onions arranging around the salmon fillets in a single layer.
- Pour the honey mixture evenly over the salmon fillets.
- Broil about 10 minutes until the peppers are just beginning to char at the edges and the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with lime wedges and remaining honey sauce for added flavor.
While salmon pan is broiling, prepare corn. BUT, BE SURE TO KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE SALMON TO AVOID BURNING.
PAN ROASTED STREET CORN
4 whole Corn Cobs, husked and kernels cut from the cob
2 tablespoons Butter, softened
4 tablespoons Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Bragg’s liquid aminos
1 pinch Cayenne
1 pinch each FRESH ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
1/2 cup crumbled Cotija Cheese
1 bunch Cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat melt butter.
- Add corn kernels, sautéing until beginning to caramelize.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, liquid aminos, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle mayo mixture over corn kernels, stirring to coat.
- Cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with cotija cheese and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.