JALAPENO HONEY STICKY WINGS
3 pounds chicken wings and drumettes
1 1/2 cups Heinz Jalapeño ketchup
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup champagne or rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons mild honey
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons liquid smoke
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 jalapeno seeded and sliced thin
1/3 cup minced red onion
sesame seeds, to garnish
- In a LARGE bowl whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar, liquid smoke, honey, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and garlic.
- Fold in the red onion.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add chicken pieces and toss to coat.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add chicken pieces to slow cooker.
- Cook on low 3 hours or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Garnish with jalapeño slices and sesame seeds.
NOTE: For a spicier wing add the jalapeno slices with the red onion so they cook the entire time together.