This makes a wonderful bundt cake for any holiday!
CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES with LEMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING adapted from Al Made It For You yield 10 cupcakes
1½ cups grated carrots
½ cup WELL DRAINED crushed pineapple
1 cup (120g) cake flour
¼ cup (31g) all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ heaping teaspoon QUALITY ground cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
2 LARGE eggs
¾ cup (150g) light brown sugar
½ cup (120ml) Avocado oil
1 (5 ounce) (142 grams) OUI lemon Greek yogurt
½ teaspoon PURE vanilla extract
1/3 cup crushed finely chopped walnuts
1/2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cake flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour mixture, crushed pineapple and grated carrots mixing just until combined.
- Add to wet mixture and blend well.
- Fold in raisins and all but 2 tablespoons of walnuts.
- Scoop out the batter evenly into 10 paper liners, and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let them cool in the pan for a couple minutes before taking them out to a wire rack to cool completely.
8 oz (225g) cream cheese, softened at room temperature
½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
1½ cup (188g) powdered sugar
½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a mixing bowl, beat the unsalted butter until it becomes fluffy.
- Add the cream cheese and continue to beat.
- Add powdered sugar and lemon zest, beating to incorporate until smooth.
- Add frosting to piping bag and pipe cupcake tops as desired. The frosting recipe makes the right amount for piping swirls. You’ll only need two-thirds of the recipe is needed if piping bursts instead.
- Sprinkle with reserved walnuts.
NOTE: This makes a WONDERFUL small bundt cake. Adjust the baking time from 18-20 minutes to 35-45 minutes.