This light and bright salad is oomphed up by FRESH basil, FRESH parsley and FRESH lemon juice to make this a spring favorite!
PORKY PIG FARMER’S MARKET SALAD
8 ounces pasta, bowtie or campagnelle
1 cup FRESH chopped green beans
2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
2 cups chopped seeded cucumber
1 cup chopped red pepper
2 cups chopped ham steak
1 1/2 cups mozzarella balls
1 small red onion, chopped
1/2 cup FRESH chopped basil
1/2 cup FRESH chopped parsley
1/2 cup Avocado oil
1/4 cup champagne vinegar
Juice of 2 lemons
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons roasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- In a large saucepan bring salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta and cook for 10 minutes.
- At 10 minutes add green beans and bell pepper cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Drain and rinse WELL with cold water.
- Transfer to a large salad bowl.
- Stir in tomatoes, cucumbers, ham, red onions and mozzarella balls.
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, sugar, lemon zest, shallot, salt and pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a small food processor add the lemon juice mixture, champagne vinegar, basil, parsley and oil, pulsing until well blended.
- Pour over pasta mixture. Toss to coat and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta mixture to the veggie mixture, sprinkle with seeds and toss to mix.
- Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
Congratulations your post is featured on Full Plate Thursday,448 this week. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us and hope you will come back soon!
Thank you so much for the feature! It’s always an honor 😀
Looks awesome… I just got a half a side of pork from a local farmer, so this will be a great salad recipe for me to consider, happily. Thanks for sharing with Fiesta Friday!
We will love your Farmers Market Salad, it looks so fresh and delicious! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday,447 this week. Hope you have a great Labor Day Weekend and come back to see us real soon!
I love farmer’s market! Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party! Have a great weekend! #WhatsforDinner
Sounds perfect! Love the name!!
[…] PORKY PIG FARMER’S MARKET SALAD […]