TROPICAL CHICKEN BITES with ORANGE MARMALADE DIPPING SAUCE
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size cubes
1 1/2 cups chopped cashews
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup cream sherry
1/4 cup Bragg’s liquid aminos
1 tablespoon sesame oil
6 ounces pineapple juice
Zest and Juice of 1 LARGE lime
Zest and Juice of 1 LARGE lemon
2 cloves garlic, minced
- Whisk together the sherry, liquid aminos, sesame oil, pineapple juice, lemon and lime juice.
- Add lemon zest, lime zest and garlic.
- Stir in chicken cubes, tossing to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cover baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add chopped cashews, cornstarch and sesame seeds to food processor and process until the mixture resembles small pebbles. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- Dredge chicken cubes in cashew mixture to coat evenly.
- Place cubes on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with reserved marinade.
- Bake 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, pasta or with roasted veggies.
16 ounces orange marmalade
1/4 cup creamy horseradish
4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a saucepan heat the marmalade JUST until melted.
- Stir in horseradish and cilantro.
- Toss with chicken pieces and serve immediately
NOTE: You can also make this with chicken tenders, but we like having the sauce coat all the small pieces 😀