TEXAS BBQ BEANS
8 slices bacon, chopped
1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons molasses
1/4 cup JIF peanut butter
1 bottle 809 beer
1/4 cup jalapeno ketchup
2 cans (15 ounce) small white beans, drained and rinsed well
- In a large dutch oven cook bacon until browned and crisp.
- With a slotted spoon remove bacon pieces to drain on paper toweling.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat.
- Add onions, stirring until softened.
- Add garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add beer, brown sugar, peanut butter and ketchup, stirring to blend well.
- Fold in beans and bacon.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes until beans are heated through and sauce is thickened.
- Let stand, covered 5 minutes.