PEPPER PASTA SALAD
PREP & COOK time 20-30 minutes Serves 6-8 as a side dish
1/2 pound pasta shells (DO NOT USE GLUTEN FREE)
10-12 mini peppers (red, orange and yellow combo)
1 shallot, chopped
1 small bunch radishes, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1/4 cup chopped chives
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons QUALITY Italian dressing
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon Frank’s original hot sauce
FRESH ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Cook pasta per package directions. Drain and rinse WELL with cold water until completely cool.
- While pasta is draining WELL slice or dice peppers, radishes, shallot and chives.
- Toss pasta with peppers, radishes, shallots and chives.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, apple cider vinegar, Italian dressing, hot sauce and garlic powder.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over pasta, tossing to coat well.
- Season to taste.
- Sprinkle with dill.
- Chill 6-8 hours.
- Hard boiled eggs are a nice optional addition. When I use these I also add a sprinkle of paprika instead of the dill.
- You can also shredded rotisserie chicken and turn this into a meal which serves 4 instead.
Always a wonderful salad to take to a pot luck. Thank you for bringing it to FF.
I will really enjoy your delicious Pepper Pasta Salad! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday,461 and hope you are having a great week!
So many flavors – sounds delish! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ’s
Thank you. It really does brighten up a party.
Thank you for sharing at #OverTheMoon. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too! Happy Holiday!