My friend Martha is back to blogging over at Seaside Simplicity! I love it, because I find more and more ways to get back into blogging more than recipes by following her again 😀 So, it’s time for Tuesday 4 and this week it’s all about summer.
1. WHAT ACTIVITIES DID YOU ENJOY AS A KID IN THE SUMMER?
I grew up in rural southern California (when there was such a thing as rural in southern California) where the sun almost always shined. Summer were hot, but doable in the dry heat and we lived outside playing ball, climbing trees, riding bikes or swimming in friend’s pools or hiking to the frog pond or pig farm in the hills around our area. We were up with the sun and had to be home by the time the street lights came on. We did pop in for meals, but other than that we were expected to STAY outside.
2. DID YOU GO ON VACATIONS? WHERE DID YOU GO?
Vacations were not an every year thing for us. There were a few over the years, but it was usually shorter trips throughout the year that would be our vacations. There were a couple of summers that I spent in Texas with family, but all in all there were no actual summer vacations.
3. DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE SUMMER TIME DINNER?
We LOVE salads and homemade dressing in the summertime or anything grilled. Really anything that doesn’t heat up the house. Here are a few of our favorite recipes.
- MEXICAN COBB SALAD with JALAPENO RANCH DRESSING
- KRAB SALAD with SPICY 1000 ISLAND DRESSING
- GRILLED PORK CHOPS with CHIPOTLE RASPEBERRY BBQ SAUCE
- CARNE ASADA & GRILLED PINEAPPLE
4. HOW OFTEN DO YOU SIT OUTSIDE AND ENJOY AN ICED TEA OR COFFEE?
We do like to spend the early mornings and evenings after dinner on the patio with either our coffee in the morning or a glass of wine and/or a beer in the evening. If it’s nice enough I will sometimes grab an iced tea and my kindle in the late afternoons.
Head over to Annie’s place to play along on Tuesday 4. And I’d love to hear about your summers too!