CHEDDAR, GREEN BEAN & BREAD CASSEROLE
1 1/2 pounds trimmed greens beans
1 1/4 cups SMALL stale bread pieces
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 tablespoon butter, melted
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
FRESH ground nutmeg
1 1/4 cups WHOLE milk
1 cup grated EXTRA sharp cheddar cheese
Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Blanch green beans in boiling water for 3-4 minutes until JUST tender.
- Immediately transfer green beans in ice water and then drain WELL.
- In a large bowl toss the bread pieces with the oil, melted butter and green onions. Set aside.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup of the milk, cornstarch, nutmeg and FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper until smooth in a saucepan. Add in remaining milk and bring to a boil over a medium high heat for 2-3 minutes, but do not scald.
- Reduce heat and gradually stir in cheddar and Parmesan until melted and smooth.
- Toss with green beans to evenly coat.
- Transfer green beans to baking dish.
- Top with scallion bread crumbs.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown.