THIS WEEK’S PRAYER: Dear God, Thank you for dinner time when we pause and reflect on our day. Teach usto love You more, follow You more closely, and be a reflection of You to others. Thank you for our food and all the ways You bless us. Amen.
MEXICAN STREET CORN LOADED TOTS
PICKLED RED ONIONS
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 large red onion, sliced thinly
- Heat the vinegar, sugar, salt and 1 cup water in a small saucepan, stirring until the sugar and salt dissolve.
- Pour over the onions in a small jar.
- Let cool completely, then refrigerate.
CHILI LIME CREAM
2/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon chili powder, plus more for garnish
FRESH ground sea salt, to taste
Zest of 1 lime
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, chili powder, salt and lime zest. Set aside.
One 1 3/4-pound bag frozen tater tots
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 pound ground chuck
1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels or FRESH 2 ears corn, kernels removed
1 can rotel tomatoes, drained
8 ounces shredded mozzarella
6 ounces crumbled queso fresco
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
1/2 bunch green onions, sliced
Pickled Red Onions
Lime wedges, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Place the tots on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden and crispy, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile brown ground beef until crumbly and just about cooked through. Drain of excess grease.
- Add most of the green onions, reserving a few for garnish, and saute’ a minute more.
- Add rotel tomatoes and corn, stirring to combine well.
- Remove the tots from the oven and sprinkle evenly with browned beef mixture, all of the mozzarella and half of the queso fresco to cover.
- Bake until melty, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining queso fresco and add big dollops of the lime cream.
- Garnish with the chopped cilantro, green onions, Pickled Red Onions, a dash of chili powder and salt.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice on top and enjoy!