It’s here – FINALLY!
Don’t forget to sign Mr. Linky and put your recipe in parenthesis.
Visit everyone you can for scrumptious recipes for the upcoming holiday season.
Joy at Joy of Desserts is co-hosting this with me so be sure and check out her recipes too.
My recipe is for my favorite ‘toast’ bread.
OAT SUNFLOWER BREAD or SESAME OAT BREAD
3/4 cup old fashioned oats (DO NOT USE INSTANT)
1 1/4 cups very hot water, but not boiling
1/4 cup warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon salt
2 cups whole wheat flour
3+ cups bread flour
1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds or toasted sesame seeds
- Using your mixer with dough hook combine the oats and hot water. Allow to stand until soft, 5 or so minutes.
- While these are cooling whisk together the warm water and yeast.
- Add the honey, oil and salt to the oats until well blended.
- Add the yeast and blend together.
- Add the wheat flour until well blended.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of the wheat flour and blend well.
- Add last 1/2 cup as needed until dough forms a smooth mass.
- Add sunflower seeds until just mixed.
- Place dough in a an oiled bowl and cover with a light cloth and allow to rise 2 hours or until double in size in a warm spot of your kitchen away from drafts.
- Punch the dough down and fold dough into itself.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured work surface . Lightly sprinkle flour over dough.
- Knead dough until all the air is worked out and you have a nice smooth mass.
- Split into two loaves.
- Cover them for 10 minutes.
- Form loaves into rectangles by folding dough into itself and eliminating excess air.
- You can either free form these or use 9×5 loaf pans. Seam side down place loaves into pans. Recover with towel.
- Set aside and let rise another hour until dough rises above the edge of the pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make diagonal cut across the top of each loaf (these allow the steam to escape).
- Bake on the center shelf in the center for 45 minutes or until golden.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
Here are a few of my other bread recipes to entice you.
- Apple Bread w/ Cream Cheese Icing
- Banana Raisin Nut Bread
- Beer Bread
- Brioche Egg Bread
- Bubble Bread
- Buttermilk Bread
- Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
- Cinnamon Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Raisin Loaf
- Crunchy Parmesan Croutons
- Honey Banana Whole Wheat Bread
- Lemon Banana Nut Bread
- Orange Banana Nut Bread
- Parmesan Rolls
- Tropical Apricot Mango Bread
- White Cheddar Biscuits
Finally got my cornbread recipe up for you. Sorry it took so long 🙁
I printed the apple bread. I think I’ll be making it this weekend. Yummy!!!!
I submitted my recipe here and at Joy of Desserts. This is a great round-up – I love bread!
Yep… there goes my diet. Carbs here I come. 🙂
Oh Tamy, you’re tempting me to get back into making “real” bread again! I can’t wait to see all the recipes everyone comes up with! 🙂
Your recipe sounds yummy, Tamy. I hope you get lots of participants!
My recipe is SO GOOD! This is the recipe that I’ve been using for 25 years. We still love it.